Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Naturally, it was an Unseen Notification

Yesterday, I climbed a mountain
and created an event of poking birds
as they swooped over my head and shouted
to every network that my love for you
has grown too high for my empty wall
to bear without your beautiful comments.

Today, I surfed to the bottom
of the sea and scrolled through the sediment
until my hands could not type the words
my lungs have been burning to post;
I suffered to show you that my heart,
like the thoughtful core of my profile,
finally included the same interests.

2 hours ago, when I messaged you
about the pain and love that had been applied
to the home of my tireless soul,
you replied with a heart shaped gift
and a note that asked,
“Why haven’t you accepted my relationship request?”

No comments:

Post a Comment